Are you creative & excited about the 2023 World Scout Jamboree in the Republic of Korea?
Would you like to see your design worn by the SA Contingent & traded with Scouts from around the world?
The 25WSJ Contingent Management Team is pleased to announce an exciting competition for the design of the SA Contingent badge. Each contingent attending the World Scout Jamboree has their own unique badge and we would like you to design ours!
We are looking for fresh and vibrant designs aligned to the Korean Jamboree theme “Draw your Dream”, which symbolises embracing and accepting young people’s ideas and opinions, and creating an opportunity for them to make their Jamboree dreams come true.
The winner of the competition will receive a gift voucher to the value of R1000 and will have the honour of seeing their design (or a variation thereof) adopted as the official SCOUTS South Africa Contingent badge.
Competition rules are:
- The competition is open to all uniformed members of SCOUTS South Africa. Parental consent is required for entries from children/youth under 18. Participants don’t have to be attending the World Scout Jamboree to enter.
- All submitted entries must be an original idea (not plagiarised). Participants will take full responsibility if breach of copyright occurs.
- Furthermore, participants agree to forfeit all copyright, right, interest and title to their design in favour of SCOUTS SA, which may use the design free of charge.
- The design should be able to fit onto a badge no larger than 7,5cm x 7,5cm in size, and can be round, square or rectangle.
- The design should not include more than 5 colours.
- The design must comply with SSA’s Marketing and Branding policy. Click here to read it. So, the contingent badge may not feature the World Scout emblem / fleur-de-lis standing alone. (It may include the SCOUTS South Africa logo which incorporates the fleur-de-lis + the wording SCOUTS South Africa and is rectangular.)
- The winner agrees to have photographs taken of them / or parental permission will be given, for the purposes of marketing the result of the competition on SCOUTS SA websites, social media and all other Scouting related platforms and publications;
- Participants may submit up to 3 designs. If more than 3 designs are submitted, only the first 3 will be considered. Designs must be entered as pdf, jpeg or png and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight on 25 January 2022.
- Entries must also include the following information: name, age, telephone number, email address, Scout Group/ position held in Scouting. If under 18 of age, a permission to enter must be submitted by the parent / legal guardian which clearly states that they accept the competition rules on behalf of the participant and have allowed them to enter.
- The decision of the Contingent Management Team / Head of Contingent (in consultation with the Marketing Team) is final and can’t be appealed. The winner will be contacted directly and notice thereof posted on scouts.org.za
#scoutsouthafrica #25WSJ #badgedesigncompetition #drawyourdream