SAPSC (Suncheon Asia Pacific Scout Center) has invited applications to join their staff contingent for their 2nd term programme from Mid August – Mid November 2019. The Korea Scout Association welcomes a Rover or Adult Leader who is Scouting skilled, enthusiastic and interested in the Korean culture.
Their staff come from all over the World and bring many different ways and ideas about Scouting with them. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about other cultures.
The 3 Requirements:
There are just 3 main requirements you must fulfill in order to apply:
- All members of staff must be registered members of a National Scout Association, which is recognized by the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM).
- All members of staff must be at least 18 years old on the day they arrive in Suncheon and currently enrolled or have graduated from a university and less than 30 years old.
- All members of staff must be able to understand and communicate in English, be able to teach the Scout methods and introduce your country’s culture.
They don’t expect formal qualifications, but are looking for Scouts who are willing to work hard, help others, learn new skills, make new friends and enjoy themselves.
What you get:
All members of the voluntary staff receive the following while at the Center:
- Indoor accommodation at the Center in a room usually shared with one other member of the Short Term staff.
- All meals at the Center, both while at work and on days off (or money will be given to buy food).
- Living allowance of USD 400 per month
- Support fund for Travel(APR region: USD 400 / The other regions : USD 600)
- One day off per week
- Staff field trip to nearby cultural sites at the end of the term, paid for by the Center.
- Appropriate staff training, both in the first weeks and during the season as needed.
- A full reference letter upon request at the end of the season, once the staff evaluation has been completed.
- A great time in a unique place!
The Center will supply you with some basic things while you are here, such as:
- Staff uniform
- All bedding
- Basic first aid items
- Laundry facilities (All staff clothes are washed together, so it is a good idea to name your clothes!)
- Basic equipment for outdoor activities
- Internet access at the office
Finally, the “magic of Suncheon” guarantee that, if you become a Greenie…
- You will get three months of colorful experiences at the only truly International Scout Center in this galaxy.
- You will have a fantastic possibility to travel, hike, bike, climb, and play in Korea.
- You will make many new friends from many countries.
- You will develop new skills in a multi -cultural environment, which future employers will find attractive.
- You get to live in one of the most beautiful places in all of Korea.
- You will participate in a unique system of staff training designed by and for Scouts.
- You will get satisfaction in knowing you are helping youth learn about Scouting and gain valuable skills.
Period of terms:
2nd Term: Mid August – Mid November 2019
Periods are subject to change. You will be expected to stay at the Scout Center for the whole of the season. Arrival dates and departure dates will be noticed after selecting participants.
Participants are required to arrange and pay for their own travel, personal medical insurance and visa*.
*You do not need any visa/special documentation to apply, however if you are selected to work in Suncheon, SAPSC will need to secure permission for you to work in Korea with the relevant authorities. Once the work permit is approved SAPSC will inform you when you can visit the local Korean Embassy to obtain a C-3 visa.
More information: 2.SAPSC Handbook(2019)
The deadline for submitting applications is the 31 May 2019. Please DO NOT contact the Scout Center directly. Please GO through the SCOUTS SA International Committee.