In recognition of Epilepsy awareness
Dear Cubs, Scouts and Parents,
One of Gauteng Scout’s main aims for 2018 is to become more visible to the public. Taking a lesson from our brother and sister Scouts in Camp Town, we are looking to hold a similar monthly event to Paint the Lion Purple. The Gauteng version of the event will be called Paint the Park Purple and Cubs and Scouts are encouraged to take part in a different Park Run in the Region once a month.
Starting off in March we would like to encourage Cubs, Scouts and their families to take part in the 2018 International Purple Day Fun Walk and run (Organised by a Brother Scout Maximilian van Heerden from 1st Germans) to both show your support for those living with epilepsy and assist in branding Scouts South Africa to the public.
There is a 2.5km or a 5km fun walk and the route is wheelchair and pram friendly. For those Scouts 13 and older who would like to complete some community service hours, we need several marshals to help with the event. Please let me know if you can assist as a marshal.
- When: 09:30 – 12:30 Sunday 25 March 2018
- Where: Mushroom Farm Park (corner of Daisy and Linden streets), Sandown, Sandton
- Cost: Entrance is FREE but you are invited to bring toiletries and other donations
- What to wear: A purple branded scout t-shirt (or any other purple shirt) and your group scarf
- Consent Form: Consent forms are required for all Scouts who are not accompanied by a parent.
- Parking is available at the entrance to Mushroom Park
- Water Bottle
- Sun block
- Packed lunch or snacks
- Toiletries to donate
Donations from the walk will be donated to the following charities: Tshimollo Childrens Home Kaalfontein, Bathabeleng Childrens Home Ivory Park, Reea Epilepsy Care Centre, Craighall Park and Epilepsy SA, Geduld
Could all those wishing to attend, please register at www.purpleday.org.za so the organisers can plan around the expected number of participants.
To learn more about Purple Day please visit www.purpleday.org.za.
Yours in Scouting,
Cell: 083 780 4336